PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas Fleet Order Speculation
View Single Post
Old 6th Jun 2015, 02:51
Keg

Nunc est bibendum

Received 11 Likes on 2 Posts
fish

Can't see how the removal of ALL overtime and ALL night credits on Ultra Long Haul flights is wise.

Perhaps reduce it somewhat and compromise.

But to give it all away for nothing and thinking your smart and sticking it to the old guys is even sillier.
It wasn't given away for nothing. We got a higher hourly rate which flows through to shorter haul flying, sims, EPs, MDC trips, etc. A 787 pilot will earn the same credits for a MNL flight as they do now but be paid approx 15% more. Similar for CGK, SIN, NRT, and anything where the tour of duty is less than about 14-15 hours.

I think O/T extends to planned tour of duty too so any delays now get O/T. A SYD- HKG delayed by an hour gets ADP. Previously it wouldn't have attracted a cent*. Similarly any ULH stuff gets the same as well.

But to give it all away for nothing and thinking your smart and sticking it to the old guys is even sillier.
I disagree that it's being given away for nothing and despite the comments of some others, I'd suggest the majority don't see this as 'sticking it to the old guys'. The motivation is much more personal.

(* I need to double check this O/T rule but that was how it was explained to me).