PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas Fleet Order Speculation
View Single Post
Old 6th Jun 2015, 00:21
fearcampaign

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wow,

The company must be pissing themselves laughing.
Nothing like egotistical fools measuring their self worth with a big "maybe" promotion. No thought given to the long game.
Just like those that rushed to JQ to chase a promotion and wonder what the hell they were thinking.
Zero promotions have been assured. Zero. No guarantees it's not just a 747 replacement. As others have suggested No top up pay protections like the cabin crew have if they get busted to QCCA.

Big sweeping statements, dumbing down conditions and falling hook line and sinker for the company spin.

Wayne Kearns is correct. Pilots really are stupid.

It's GA I'll do it at any cost/race to the bottom mentality.

I'm not suggesting that the staus Quo stays. Agree the PSN is a good idea, so is rationalising overtime to a more reasonable level. I still believe you should get SOME overtime for doing an 18 hour plus TOD . Perhaps it can't be like it is today but that's a different thing than ZERO. From all accounts the next new types will do SYD-JFK DIRECT. Do you think if you accept zero overtime now the company will say, oh ok, we will agree to some overtime on another type as that's an awfully long sector.
Giving away overtime in its ENTIRETY AND night credits is gifting everything in a good operating environment, when the macro economic times are just improving for Qantas International.
Conditions once given away are NEVER returned.
But when pilots have a do it at any cost mentality they are easily fooled.
Farm sold for nothing but a glimmer of hope.
If I were Qantas I'd use this weak/give anything away mindset to totally rip apart terms and conditions for when the A320 Neos replace the 737.
Start talking to Network/Cobham,JQ and get QF pilots rushing to the door to offer pay cuts to secure the 90 plus orders.
Be like taking candy from a baby.