PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SDSR 15
Thread: SDSR 15
View Single Post
Old 5th Jun 2015, 10:00
MaroonMan4

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sun,

I wish I could add something of value to this thread, and if I/we all thought that the next SDSR would be presented after deep thought, academic rigour and a strategically robust evolution conducted over sensible timelines, then maybe we would all chip in and give our two pennies worth. But really we all know it is just another cost cutting exercise, and we haven't even finished trying to implement the huge change from the last SDSR yet.

I think you are finding user apathy, lethargy and fatigue as yet more change is coming and yet more cuts, so why bother trying to discuss reasoned logical solutions or recommendations? It appears that those with their hands on the purse strings, political and MoD have already made up their minds and are doing some rapid work in compressed timelines to justify these decisions.

The majority on here are either using their online time to plan their exit strategy from a shrinking Defence or are stuck in a CEA or Pension rut and are just doing their best to keep their heads above water as more is asked from less, as all the good bright people around them depart, leaving empty desks and younger/less experienced cockpits/support staff.

Sadly nothing strategic about how to make in year real term cost savings.