PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Independent Pay Review
View Single Post
Old 5th Jun 2015, 05:12
Whenurhappy

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts
All my JPA admin is done via paper forms, scanned and sent to my parenting unit, GAU. Generally they are good although their ignorance of geography does have comedy value. Working in a part of the world where receipts share the veracity of a Party Manifesto (and, of course, are not in English), I do wonder what they make of them in Glasgie'.

I was back in the UK briefly recently and passed through a RAF StTation and went to PSF and asked to use a JPA terminal to check some claims and CEA stuff. I was told I had to go to the 'Training Development Centre' (oh, you mean Education Section?) to do an on-line sy-ops package before I could go near the JPA terminal. But only during certain times of the week. I didn't bother...

I also had to visit a contractor-run supply section to grab some uniform (MTP - the horror!). It took thee attempts: Wednesday afternoon closed for 'staff training'; thursday afternoon 'closed'; I made a special trip back on Friday to find that 'Closes at 1130'. I had arrived at 1129, and was luckily able to get my kit, although I feared that I would morph into Michael Douglas in 'Falling Down' at one point. And I had rung to ensure they were open but calls were never answered, messages never returned. The chaps were, when I finally managed to get to the clothing store, very helpful and friendly.

However, how can the Forces claim to be lean when so many sections seem to operate with the efficiency of British Leyland on a Monday? And this was after spending 10 minutes each time I entered stationexplaining my details to the Ghurka MPGS chap to get a vehicle pass (why oh why??) for a rental car.