PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - what's the latest on FREE SPIRIT ?
View Single Post
Old 4th Jun 2015, 15:57
Eastwest Loco

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Not looking good.

A great deal of advertising and numerous offers of cheaper fares down to 50% of the lead in published fares don't make up for a minus 30 day lead time.

Poor planning may be the devil here BUT Wynyard to Essendon with taxi availability uncertain on arrival or a trip back to Tulla to get the bus is about as inviting as pulling hair out of you nose.

If Roman disputes the figures in the media, post the "accurate" ones and a verifiable record of what flights operated and what flights were cancelled with what lead time.

If Rex is the devil here, what would you expect them to do? Throw bouquets? They are a commercial operation and must move to protect against potemtial threats.

Cancellations en masse caused the early demise of Bizjets MEL DPO services mostly caused by extended unserviceabilities on the Metro including engine fires. They were allegedly supplied the operating parameters for an engine option they weren't supplied with.

The multiple cancellations led to a withdrawal of passenger support and that is all she wrote.

We alleged Travel professionals would be shying away from any operation that is unreliable. I did state in the previous thread that the lead time was far too short. Unfortunately that appears to be the case. With the local media coverage of the suspension of services I can't see any future for them, more is the pity.

I still have had not one enquiry from the normally annoyingly vocal punters at the DPO RSL regarding FSA's half price offer. Another good indicator that their offers have fallen on deaf ears and unusual.

Secondary operator are not new on the Coast as Aus Air ran a very nice service from DPO to MBW which I have used myself on both the Bandit and the Navajo. Lovely service and arriving in the South East was excellent. It was well used but I believe other operations/factors brought that down.

Maybe Moorabbin would have been a better idea. That is basing out of a high disposable income area and would be more likely to draw traffic as that is the side of town most my Melbourne clients are heading for.

Good luck Roman, but I see the master caution flashing.

Best all

EWL