PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas Fleet Order Speculation
View Single Post
Old 4th Jun 2015, 14:33
Shark Patrol

Received 24 Likes on 6 Posts
Ho hum! Whatever Qantas LH pilots decide, we will no doubt be pilloried by the expert "Monday Morning Quarterbacks" of PPRuNe.

If we "give away" too much to ensure a future in an environment where countless others have already done so due to Shiny Jet Syndrome or the need for instant gratification, we will be criticized as being spineless and submissive to the demands of Alan and his cronies. If we hold out or knock-back the new EA, we will be regarded as outdated dinosaurs who are 'no longer relevant' in the new world order. We are in a no-win situation!

So I would encourage all LH pilots to look at this EA from their own perspective and vote accordingly. Personally, I am nearing the end of my flying career and this EA probably represents the last opportunity for me to gain a command under reasonable conditions before I retire within the next decade. If not for the advent of Jetstar, this opportunity would have presented itself many years earlier, but the current airline environment is so vastly different to the one that I entered all those years ago.

So I would say to the outspoken knockers on either side of the fence, "Give it a rest!" A "yes" vote won't represent a 'sell-out", just like a "no" vote won't represent a "delusional fossil". This EA is not about a collective industrial philosophy; it is about everyone's individual future, and will, I hope, be voted on accordingly.