PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Independent Pay Review
View Single Post
Old 4th Jun 2015, 09:27
Jimlad1

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts
So as far as i can tell, you are grumbling that two civil servants who are likely admin grades, who probably have other duties and who are paid a pittance perform a basic audit and scrutiny function for one of the largest bases in the RAF, which is no different to how many other large companies have auditors for exactly the same purposes on expenses scrutiny.

Its also cheaper to get a CS to audit than mil, so well done Brize for saving money in setting that one up.

As for capping claims - i can barely understand what you are referring to, but as far as i can male out, you are moaning that your claim is limited to £25 for some things? You do realise that this is a fairly standard level dont you? my wifes former company had a £20 limit for expenses and they were fairly large. Across mod as a whole i understand the civvy mod is moving to £25 actuals, if not slightly lower for meals atvthe moment, so no one is getting one over on you.

I am not saying things are perfect, but i am sick to death of bloody whinging about how bad everything is, when in fact it is only on apar with how the rest of the real world acts and treats expenses, and that actually the military expenses system is surprisingly generous compared to an awful lot of places.

There are times i swear i could give everyone in the military a 500% payrise, scrap PAYD, unlimited expenses, and free car and you'd still hear people whinging about how hard done by they are.