PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EK: how many hours will you fly in June ?
Old 4th Jun 2015, 00:23
Geebz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wow! No offense but how can you guys stand to work in such an environment? 8-11 days off with all the ULH flying you do? I'd burn out after 90 days.

Is it all about the equipment you're flying?

To me this job is FIRST about schedule, then about pay, last about equipment.

I fly for a US legacy carrier. Our WB pilots average 19-20 days off WITHOUT any leave added. Senior NB pilots can do the same. Min days off is 12-13, most get 15-16 days off though.

I'm a NB captain and bid reserve (standby) yet I rarely get called up so I average 20+ days off if you include being on-call and not getting pulled out for a flight. When I get to my block off days it's always 12 days off in a row in a 30 day month, 13 in a 31-day month. Pay is usually credited out at 82-89 hrs in the above scenario.

For April/ May I took 60 days off by using 3 weeks vacation, my normal days off and a couple of strategic sick calls. I did fly one turn trip in the middle of all that just to avoid having to do a line check for when I came back from my block off.

You guys really need to wake up and demand more from your management. You're getting flogged with that kind of schedule. Damn! No wonder the upgrades are so quick at EK.

I'm curious, with all that work, what kind of take home pay in USD do your pilots typically average in a given month?