PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Growing within the airline industry
View Single Post
Old 2nd Jun 2015, 16:50
flying free.LEVC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Growing within the airline industry

For the last 4 years, I´ve had a non aviation related job which has enabled me to study and earn money to become a pilot. From the practical point of view I couldn´t have found a better job, it´s fully flexible so I decide if I want to work 7 days a week or none, I decide my holiday, the days I need to work facing exams... But on the other side, it´s highly stressful, has nothing to do with aviation and I often feel I´ve been "selling my soul" in order to do the ATPL exams, burning years of my life.

In a few months time I will have finished all my exams and then it will be the moment to earn more money than ever, do the time building plus CPL, ME...I know that we´ve got 3 years from the last exam to do the rest of the training and I would like to use that time wisely and also enjoy it.

I´m 25 years old now and the idea of spending 2, 3 or 4 more years doing this job makes me feel sick and sad. I´ve thought that I would love to work as a cabin crew while building hours and finishing my pilot training. I would prefer to spend 3 more years working as a cabin crew and slowly finishing my training rather than year and a half in a fully flexible well paid job that has nothing to do with aviation and which causes me suffering and stress.

Which airlines would you recommend me to grow and step into aviation? I know that some airlines do internal recruitment, easyjet, thomas cook...what about Norwegian, British Airways cityflyer, BA... I´d love Thomson Airways although I read there will be some readjustments in a couple of years...

I just want to spend the rest of my youth and following years working on a plane

Kind regards.