PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF 777 wrong weight inputs, off by 100 tonnes?
Old 2nd Jun 2015, 15:30
ZBMAN

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Could it also be that perhaps the real problem is not really the safety culture, but rather an extremely arrogant superiority complex culture, also known as French chauvinism? An inbred culture that is not open for change?
Now that is the most arrogant piece of crap I have read in a long long time.

And FYI I believe procedures are now done in English in AF, at least on the airbus fleet. Maybe an AF pilot could confirm, but I doubt any would be reading this topic - probably gave up reading and disgusted by all the drivel on here about the french this and the french that... Listen to yourselves for christ sake

I am not saying that the french are perfect, but all cultures have their own peculiarities. I could easily have a go at the Dutch or the spanish or Italians, and certainly the brits, but I won't. They all have bad sides, but that doesn't make them, as a whole, bad pilots, as some here seem to suggest about the french.

Serious incidents occur in most airlines, especially in large ones such as AF, and even in some airlines that portray themselves as the best in terms of safety. The fact that those incidents don't make it into the open doesn't mean they don't occur, only that they are kept under wraps. How's that supposed to improve safety?