PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bristow Photos
Thread: Bristow Photos
View Single Post
Old 2nd Jun 2015, 11:38
Ikoyian

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Calabar & Sedco pics

Thanks for the pics Good Vibs.

The helipad at Calabar was the view from my room back in the eighties. I was there with Art Swain and Ken Fletcher. Those were good days - apart from the CP at the time of course. I remember sitting in the bar at the Calabar accommodation block on a fine hot day, Art Swain asking to borrow some spanners to fix his BMW, Ken Fletcher remarking,' we will need the spanners for our engine change' and me saying, lets have another beer and think of a plan... good people and fond memories.

Ah, the Sedco 709. That brings more recent memories back. Trying to chase the thing all over the Gulf of Benin/Guinea (during the last drilling campaign 2005/6). Getting a fuel stop arrangement at Brass for the S76C+ to fill up to the gunnels was the clincher, fuel being rare as hens teeth in the region, and the politics surrounding landing permission! The nearest alternate land mass was Malabo for certain drilling blocks. The Pumas from Snake Island could make the trip, via PH at times, as they had the range but sometimes with only 6 pax on board. That played havoc with the seat/mile KPIs.

I must post some pics from Snake Island when I find them, a lot of good times were had there, as long as Niger Dock kept their distance!

Thanks again for the pics, lots of good memories.