PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Radar Coverage at Ballina
View Single Post
Old 2nd Jun 2015, 10:11
LeadSled

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Bloggs,
Got the message on E in the US??

I notice you still obviously believe you have or should have right of way over "VFR", only when you agree to get off the road in your "private" car, while there is a bus or truck there, and only proceed in your "private" car when there is no "scheduled or un-scheduled public transport" anywhere in the area, will I agree that you should have any prior right to airspace.

Since the advent of E, every flight I have conducted in the US, in anything from a T-6 to a B747-438, and quite a variety in between, has transited E airspace. Before E it was still called controlled airspace, VFR exempt.

Why don't you look up a few airways charts, see how much E is used in other countries, not just the USA.

I was reminded today of a very vociferous opponent of E, when it was first proposed in Australia. Said person (well known around RNAC) conducted regular tours of groups of Australian pilots around the the US, he didn't even know he had been flying in E for years.

no_one,
Add KSFO/PHNL and every off line place I went to over the years on non-sched. or freighter services.

Blokes like Bloggs just don't get it, and sadly, never will.

And that is all part of the reason why we have such a lousy safety record in Australia --- we seem to be completely "culturally" unable to adopt risk management allocated and cost benefit justified use of finite resources to produce the best air safety outcomes --- to minimise the risk.

Tootle pip!!