PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Radar Coverage at Ballina
View Single Post
Old 2nd Jun 2015, 04:12
Lookleft

Received 195 Likes on 90 Posts
Lookleft- That Skygod thing stung, huh?
No its laughable when you refer to Jetstar pilots as skygods. If you go back through any thread dealing with Jetstar pilots they are usually referred to as scum of the earth and a blight on aviation. Never are they referred to as skygods.

BTW. I got it from my more or less regular flying buddy who flies A380’s
He was probably referring to himself.

That an “inexperienced FO” in an RPT operation makes the call is no defence – they have an experienced captain beside them and Jetstar ops have been notified of the problem previously. Experienced captains are there to pass on their experience to the inexperienced….
If you have never been in the flight deck of an RPT jet coming into a small country airport then you have no idea what you are on about. Who notified Jetstar Ops and which Ops are you referring to? Jetstar Ops don't listen to their own pilots so what makes you so special?

The system was developed by a bloke who hadn't flown anything bigger than a 310 and who thought the biggest thing flying into the place would be a Dash-8. If you don't know who I am talking about ask around for the DVD that accompanied the CTAF booklet produced by DOTARS in 2005. He is full of helpful hints and tips, none of which is relevant to a 60t passenger carrying aircraft.

I do agree with DS on the point if they can put a fire station in then they can put a tower in.