PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas Fleet Order Speculation
View Single Post
Old 1st Jun 2015, 23:36
fearcampaign

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C207

Interesting that you have cherry picked the first half results which showed almost none of the fuel price drop that will be at least 500 million in the full year results.

People should be more interested in the August full year results that show the true effect of the fuel price drops.

Why do you think Qantas is desperately rushing a deal before the full year results are announced????

The first half profit you have chosen in isolation is outdated.

Analysts believe, as does the market, that that figure will be ONE Billion dollars profit FY15 and TWO billion in FY16.

If you had bothered to read my earlier posts I suggested changes were necessary. However that should involve ALL pilots and not selectively target new types or new groups in isolation.

The 5% pay premium is an issue for the A380 and I'm confident Pilots could sacrifice from the A380/747 to get the 787 within the LH award. More savings could be made group wide in this manner.

I stand by the claim that the aircraft provides the efficiencies. That's the over arching fact.
Would some efficiencies from pilots be a bonus, sure.
That can happen within the LH award for all types and all ranks!!
Surely this is a better outcome than just changing a few terms and conditions on one type/group only in isolation?
It makes a mockery of your argument.

However It's a mistruth that pilot costs are the central factor in getting or not getting the 787.
That's what has been communicated to flight crew bloody ad nauseam over and over. All it has done has made the pilot group rightfully suspicious.

Every other airline re equips its fleet for the efficiencies in fuel burn, maintenance and the new product it provides. I've never seen an airline hold back buying new aircraft because pilot terms and conditions held them back.

Qantas missed the boat replacing the 747s years ago with the 777 or ANOTHER fuel efficient twin. After missing a generation they are forced to finally replace the fleet. Hardly a surprise with D checks costing 30 million per aircraft.