PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ISLE OF MAN
Thread: ISLE OF MAN
View Single Post
Old 1st Jun 2015, 18:40
IOMX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks Tony G for your comments. Firstly to be clear I was only referring to the evening rotation of EZY LGW and you seem to agree with that fact at least!
The issue of underwriting is well documented but to be fair BA were on that route well before that. The fact that's it carries a premium is in part (my view not a fact to be fair) that not enough people use it so they push for a higher yield to counterbalance the passenger numbers. If a few more people were positive about it talked about the benefits of it a regular 3 times a day service sometimes 4 that is reliable has easy access to London etc etc then maybe just maybe a few more people would give it a go and BA could reduce the prices. As one forum member points out getting back to London at midnight after an arduous 4 hour journey on the late flight is no fun. Also the transport costs and time from LCY to central London are considerably lower and less than LGW to central London.
My point is for some strange reason most on this forum want to talk the service down which is beyond me we should do all we can to keep it going.