PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAF's now severed head speaks about cuts (to defence)..
Old 1st Jun 2015, 07:10
Chugalug2

Received 236 Likes on 72 Posts
VSO's

BomberH:-
Not all are good. Not all are bad.
But they all stick together! That is why the MAA cannot and will not probe the Haddon-Cave "Golden Period" when the real hatchet job on the system of UK Military Airworthiness provision was wrought. Because it will not go there, any attempt to get airworthiness working again is as a mansion built upon sand.

That is why the MAA must be independent of the MOD, so that it can do its job properly and make UK military aircraft safe again.

Mach Two:-
The most important thing to me is the maintenance of our capability and my conditions of service.
That is all I would want for you too. That is why I crack on in my attempts to ensure that the aircraft that you fly do not explode in mid-air, that the escape systems that you rely on to save your life will do so because they have a full safety case, that should your IFF fail in an operational environment you are at least warned of it in order to take the appropriate action and not lose your life in a Blue on Blue.

That is why I call for an independent MAA and MAAIB; of the MOD and of each other.