PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas Fleet Order Speculation
View Single Post
Old 1st Jun 2015, 05:53
fearcampaign

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tuner,

I do agree. I think I should change my handle to billion dollar profit,
or perhaps $30 million dollar options, or maybe two billion dollar profit.
What about AlansBigBonusForaBscale?

100 + pilots took VR, I'm sure some executives got the axe, however that's expected as we removed so many hulls from the fleet.

The majority of the efficiencies come from the new type. 50% less Fuel burn, no maintenance,new product etc.

Strambi went on about the new type being introduced on 767 rates on the LH award when the dollar was at $1.15. That was acceptable to him then and Qantas was in a worse macroeconomic period than now.

The 787 certainly can't be on A380/747 rates, no argument there. But neither should it be on a separate B scale.
What I'm advocating is a reduction/freeze on the A380/744 rates to get the 787 on the 767 rate under the LH award.
Perhaps a few gives on the max multiplier overtime if that is annoying some.
But zero O/Time and zero night credits is a different matter.
Still I wait the deal proposed from AIPA. They are not morons and despite the big bad wolf stories I'm sure they are aware that we are well and truly back to profitability and you don't sell the farm in boom times.

QF have written off the value of the fleet,VR, CR etc, the fuel price has more than halved, we've got rid of 100 + pilots, multiple cabin crew and thousands of other staff. No more crying wolf. Alan certainly did not waste a crisis as business commentators suggested.

However there is NOT a crisis now.

If level 3 staff are so worried about S/O pay then they should spend $150,000 do all the aptitude/skill/psych tests, go fly in GA for 4-5 years or longer on 30-40k a year and perhaps one day make it into Qantas. No one is stopping them.

I think all your executive buddies might have you well and truly hoodwinked.

Sure the ones left will do very handsomely come the billion dollar profit announcement.Possibly even better when it is forecast to be two billion the next financial year.