PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas Fleet Order Speculation
View Single Post
Old 1st Jun 2015, 02:11
OneDotLow

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
"Do you honestly believe that the one deciding factor in getting a new type rests solely on Flight Crew pay? "

No. The new type is coming. What our negotiation will determine is if we fly it. There were 3 other 'pilot groups' who approached Qantas to crew a new type and IR didn't actually believe that negotiations could reach an agreement with AIPA until a just a few weeks ago. The frightening reality is that if we are unable to get the EA up, the 789 will still come, but QF will apply to Fair Work for negotiation will move to the next group.

We need to let the COM do due diligence tomorrow (in COM we trust?) and hopefully we will be given a chance to vote on it if it meets their expectations.

Now as for the old argument that 'we can't possibly do it for less than a 744 crew would do it' lest 'you younger people miss out on the career opportunities I've had', I call buII****! You are simply protecting your patch (that's your right to do so, but don't expect me to listen while you pontificate). Being busted back to SO after over a decade I the RHS of a 767 has given me a different perspective than yours. I suspect the SO on your flight deck may also differ in opinion from yours.

This is a new type and the changes in the landscape have determined that we need to do things differently (luckily you've been given an opportunity to stay where you are for a while).

I look forward to seeing the detail and working out if it is acceptable to me.

Good luck to all.