PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - My beautiful Weber!
View Single Post
Old 31st May 2015, 18:45
smujsmith

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Langley, without a doubt weather is the weakest most feeble excuse for not doing a Barbie that could be envisaged. I offer short example. During my time as a Hercules Ground Engineer, I was allocated to a route that had a night stop Gander on night one ( nothing unusual there), however, on arrival Albert decided that a certain part of the No1 engine was unable to continue with the route. A signal was sent and the reply forecast delivery of the replacement part in 36 hours. The night stop was pretty standard, Pizza delight and a few screech and cokes, but on arriving at breakfast the next morning, our Captain informed us that we had been invited to a Barbecue with the RAFLO, at his home, that afternoon. We were to arrive early. Now, I should explain, it was February and the OAT was around -15, a Barbie ?

On arrival, we were given snow shovels and told to start digging Fred's back garden. Sure enough it was around 15 ft deep in snow, and certainly made us sweat to create our Barbecue area. Once cleared Fred rolled the ever faithful Webber out and the charcoal blaze began. Just as well really because we had turned up in our finest shorts and t shirts (we were on our way to Belize ISTR) and after the snow removing exertions, we're starting to feel the cold. Webber did a great job, cooked the food well and kept us warm, despite ambient.

Langley, ignore the weather, get out there young fella and barbecue !!! Trust me, I'm an ex GE

Smudge

PS. I did Christmas Dinner for the last five years in the rain, the only addition required to the wet weather garb is the half bottle of a reasonably good brandy. For some reason I don't remember the dinners too well !!