PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ATPL Motivation.. and reduction in effort/technique
Old 31st May 2015, 18:42
Transsonic2000

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I suppose I am a details person, that's just me, I like to see the details and understand and learn the content. I did this with my PPL too. Went through each of the books because I felt there may be major gaps in knowledge if I didn't 'understand' the theory and material.
It's not about understanding and gaining knowledge at the ATP exams, for that the stuff is far to extensive and it'll turn into a never ending story, and as a consequence you'll give up sooner or later!!! The ATP exams are solely about passing a test!!! Not more and not less!!! The main objective is to find a method to deal with it in the most effective way, that's the challenge! Those who master it will make it all the way thorough the exams, the others wont! I just took may first part of the ATP exams a little over a month ago, if I'd have to retake them today, I probably wouldn't pass a single subject! Keep in mind, once the exams are passed the mission is accomplished, nobody is going to ask you ever again such weird questions about ELR, DALR, grid nav, LORAN-C, etc.!

http://www.pprune.org/professional-p...ml#post8970443

Last edited by Transsonic2000; 3rd Jun 2015 at 00:29.