PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - TAG interview
Thread: TAG interview
View Single Post
Old 31st May 2015, 13:06
FerrypilotDK

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Everything means everything

There are lots of great aspects, but there is a vast difference from aircraft to aircraft, even within the same company, as it was said--depending on the owner, CAM, lead pilot, etc.

I recently had a couple experiences with ex-airline guys. They were unprepared for removing the pins of the landing gear, getting up on a ladder and putting engine covers on in the dark, when it is snowing/raining/late/after a long day.

Weight and balance, printing, updating Jepps, grabbing the hoover, cleaning snow/sand/heel marks off the steps, checking the oil, going with the FA to help with shopping, download and update FMS database, etc etc etc......

....and that is just scratching the surface of possible "duties."

Not to mention a career that has comprised of flying between for example, European airports.....does not prepare anyone for trans-Atlantic operations, Africa, Asia, Russia, India......although the flying machines all have wings, it is a completely different set of skills...including missing your birthday, the GF's, Christmas, Easter, mid-term school holiday, parents anniversary, cannot make a good tennis/badminton partner, as you are gone for longer periods.........

Now that I think about it, what have I done?