PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas Fleet Order Speculation
View Single Post
Old 31st May 2015, 12:52
OnceBitten

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Does anyone know of any other airline that pays overtime on scheduled sectors, including triple time on sectors with 8 hours in the crib? Just curious.
No they don't, especially QF's immediate competitors and Partner.

Isn't that the idea of a $300/credit/hr (ie >A380 rate) or whatever it is rate with no planned O/T?
That's what I would have thought!

The vested interests are going to be out in force for this boys and girls... let's watch them blow it for everyone. It will include a few Qrewroom regulars who talk a big industrial game but have never actually negotiated their way out of a paper bag.
I can remember on a few occasions these so called parties with a vested interest holding court commenting on how other airlines do it better and how "they" are expanding and QF isn't, yet surprisingly these parties weren't the ones to take the lwop opportunities and actually experience these competitors first hand and become more informed.

Now an opportunity to align QF and the pilot group with it's competitors is presented and the Golden Children want to squabble about overtime, a fact that a majority of us usually never experienced to any great extent anyway.
The fact that a RIN back to the 787 for senior guys generally won't hold much weight to many of us in the voting process. I for one would have thought that the opportunity for future fleet expansion would alleviate the possibilities of future RIN'S moving forward, standing still or falling behind will guarantee future RIN's and redundancies for all.

It would be a travesty if individual agendas with myopic visions of the future for anything past their own retirement dates caused everyone else behind them in seniority to be put in the position to be forced to experience foreign opportunities on probably what would be a lessor package than maybe what's on offer on Tuesday.

I'm hoping level heads prevail and this is embraced for what it is, a great opportunity to get back into the game for Mainline pilots.