PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - First Strike of the Falklands War
View Single Post
Old 31st May 2015, 10:11
dragartist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Marcantilan,
Thanks for the note regarding the most recent books on the topic. they arrived on Friday via the big river. I thought others may be interested.

My Secret Falklands War - Sid Edwards ISBN 9781909716278. A quick read. I must have been dumb as I thought Easter Island and San Felix were one and the same.

A South American War- Jeremy Brown ISBN 978146249235. Now this is a more comprehensive record. I have only read the intro so far and flicked to the bit I am specifically interested in. The list of contributors is quite extensive and includes many of the fliers involved including those mentioned in the other books on the topic. This gives the record a lot more credibility

I also came across an RAF Air Power Review via Google which details the BB Shrike raids. If I ever bump into Hugh Prior in town I will offer the code word subterfuge and await a reaction!!

I know there are other things that must remain on the dark side.

Bicster. I don't think your post is daft. I too believe the aircraft should be indoors. I get quite emotional when I fly on holiday out of EMA and see the old girl I spent many years of my working life (14 years) associated with showing her age. Not sure if her mate Aneka is wrapped up safe and warm at Cosford. I don't have the same attachment to the one at Cosford.