PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Magneto calendar overhauls - the thin end of the wedge?
Old 31st May 2015, 02:51
Brainy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Correct, we operate under CASA's rules and regs, but these same regs do not seem to support the advice that it is now mandatory to overhaul magnetos on calendar time. Are you suggesting that the only way LAME shops are going to survive is by doing more unnecessary maintenance? Would you have surgery just because a surgeon said it was a good idea (but not required to keep you alive, safe or additionally healthy) and it maintains the viability of the surgeon's business? I have no problem paying an appropriate market rate for appropriate and properly done maintenance that allows the GA maintenance businesses to remain viable. I do not wish to spend money on maintenance that a)does not provide additional safety and additionally b) is not mandatory that it be done.
When all your GA customers disappear because they have had enough of this BS, how will your business be then? If we all just keep rolling over and taking it, that is exactly what will happen.
So, again, show me where in the regs this is mandated?