PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Sunstate pilot's Reps undercut Eastern pilots AGAIN
Old 30th May 2015, 22:59
Di_Vosh

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
NTF, great post.

I also read with amusement:

We are also aware of some misinformation being spread on various on-line forums regarding the proposed agreement.
So what “misinformation” are we talking about?

If we compare what Eastern are still negotiating and what the Sunstate negotiator(s) have agreed to...

EAA are after 9 days off. Sunstate rep(s) have agreed to 8 1/2

Right now the EAA/SSA guys are the hardest working and lowest paid pilots in the QF group. Not uncommon to see 70plus stick/130 duty in recent rosters. Not uncommon to have pilots regularly flying 18+ days out of a 28 day roster. Reserve days are considered work days (you just don’t know what you’re doing yet). Why would anyone agree to an EA that didn’t have more dedicated time off?

EAA are after $10.00/$6.50 DHA, increasing during the EA. Sunstate rep(s) have agreed to $9.30/$6.00 DHA, increasing to $10.00/$6.50 during the EA

Are you Sunstate guys aware that the COMPANY suggested an initial $10.00/$6.50 amounts when they first proposed the DHA? Nice one, let’s let the company know that they’re being too generous.

New hire FO rates: EAA are after year one 55% of a Q400 captain, year two 60% of a Q400 Captain, year three onwards 65% of a Captain of your aircraft type. Sunstate rep(s) have agreed to 55% of your aircraft type Captain for the first three years.

The fact is that new a new hire Sunstate FO will be approximately $15,000.00 worse off over three years than their equivalent Eastern FO.

So where is the misinformation? All the above is from the AFAP website! Or is the AFAP website one of the “online forums” you’re disparaging?

As I’ve stated previously, this is NOT the time for the two pilot groups to be undercutting one another.

Looking at the points (above) re: days off and DHA: IMHO, the DHA is an admission by the company that the days of 6-8 reserve days per roster are gone for good. They’re going to work us much harder and this is their way of compensation. What possible reason is there for either pilot group to “out-do” each other (by agreeing to less) in order to get an agreement over the line?

For as long as I’ve been in the company the two pilot groups have been trying to move closer together and communicate better in order that an event like the Q400 introduction doesn’t happen again. This SEEMED to be happening and I was of the understanding that there was better communication and understanding between the pilot groups. It certainly was the case when I was on the EAA committee.

Which leads me to...

(Disclaimer: Note that the below are questions only and are not intended to spread any "Misinformation")

If I were Sunstate pilot attending a roadshow I’d be asking the following questions to the EBA team:

How many EBA negotiators were in the room when the “in principal” agreement was struck?

Were any AFAP industrial reps in the room when the “in principal” agreement was struck?

Were any EBA negotiators or AFAP reps present via telephone conference?

If the answer to the first question was less than three, and the answer to the second and third question was “No”, then I’d be asking WTF?

Just saying.

DIVOSH!