PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 0 to CPL
Thread: 0 to CPL
View Single Post
Old 30th May 2015, 21:59
BJTW

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
0>cpl

Hi I totally agree with Transsonic2000. The main factor is funds available, as if you have lots then you can give up work and just go for it. Weather however you can't buy, however there is a solution. I was very lucky as I had money left to me, yet my biggest fear was flying!! Yes I used was afraid and it took me about 18months to return from the states, but I was soooo impressed how this 747 got off the ground on a very hot day with max all up wt that I woke up the next day and said to my sell "today I will learn to fly" all I knew about aircraft was they had wings and wheels and sad to admit I couldn't understand why they had bald tyres so basically knew absolutely "zero" I did my PPL in six weeks, part in the UK and part in France due to rubbish weather in the UK. I trained with Bristol Flying Centre and one of their examiners came over to sign me off for the x-country and nav test, then flew back to do my GFT. I then went back to the states to build hours did my multi engine cpl and IR in six months and 250 hours incl 100 hours of night flying. So In six months I went from 0 hours to 250 hours with all the above. I then returned and it took me a further six week to have frozen ATPL. So if you have the means, you can always find a way. Motivation and determination are essential as it's far from an easy road, but it's more than obtainable if you have the will to succeed. So all the best I'm sure if you have the will you will most definitely find the way