PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Chromebooks
Thread: Chromebooks
View Single Post
Old 30th May 2015, 14:52
henry_crun

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hurrah!

Much success with music on my chromebook.

I keep mp3 downloads on an SD card, micro SD in full-size holder, this just plugs in and clicking on tracks plays music.

There is a music player app which will play local music. Bit difficult to get it going but it seems to have picked everything up ok now. Plays ok.

There is an Amazon app that finds and downloads previously purchased music, I was able to download a track I'd lost. It was naked so I had to wrap it up in two levels of folders, disc title and artist, then add to the appropriate music folder. Played ok on chromebook...

...but when added to my Kubik mp3 player it was there, showed as playing, but no sound emerged. Possibly a permissions thing, need to investigate further.

edit

Put the micro SD card directly into the Kubik and the same happens, shows as playing, spectrum looks good, but no sound. Other items downloaded from Amazon via a tablet to Kubik work ok.

edit 2

Copied files back from Kubik onto a new SD card and that nice Alex Welsh version of Davenport Blues played perfectly, so it's not corruption, just a DRM issue.

Last edited by henry_crun; 31st May 2015 at 17:09.