PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Radar Coverage at Ballina
View Single Post
Old 30th May 2015, 12:58
Capn Bloggs

Received 76 Likes on 44 Posts
The problem with you, Leadsled, is that you have no idea what goes on out in the bush here. Go to Paraburdoo (or any number of other places around the traps) and point out to me ONE person who has the time to talk to aircraft on the CTAF or maintain ANY semblance of a traffic picture. Then go and tell all the pax that get off RPT there and tell them that some office wally (no offence intended) who is also doing ramp and load control, is keeping an eye on us so we don't run into each other.

As I said, we don't have the 70s and 80s "follow me" girls, run-out-to-compete-for-turnaround-services FBO people to do all that nice stuff that you get in the US of A. Face reality!

Speaking of reality, I see RHS has started his Airspace 2015 campaign. Perhaps you'd liek to explain ot us all how Class E would have helped the 3 IFR deal with that VFR that MJBOW2 said was making things dicey in Ballina in the bad weather of post one. Or are VFR exempt from participation in the real airpsace system, free to just do their own thing oblivious to all others?

And yes, the Flight Service Stations at Port Hedland and Ayers Rock (and formerly at Broome) work very well, thanks. Graded service for the level of risk.

Toodle Pop.