PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - How long do those in the know reckon !??
View Single Post
Old 18th Jun 2003, 05:13
Canada Goose

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How long do those in the know reckon !??

Having been on the sidelines for nearly 2 years, my circumstances are such that I am presently seriously considering taking advantage of some downtime between contracts to pull all the stops out and push the throttle full fwd and engage myself in distance studying Mods 1 & 2 of the fATPL. That is I would be spending most work days (and some weekend time) studying as opposed to studying at weekends and after work (i.e. on top of a full time job).

My wife has been asking me how long it would take to do this, obvioulsy, and I have informed her that everyone studies at their own rate blah blah blah ...........

I have over the months and years narrowed 2 potential schools down, yes you guessed it, Bristol and Oxford, and I will be wanting to speak with them before any final decisions, however, based upon those who have been through the mill, how long do you reckon it will take me !!??

For the record, it is probably fair to say that I have above average ability in studying (2 degrees, 1 MSc Eng) as well as a sound insight into the more practical side of aviation (Canadian CPL and Multi IR), so it's not like I'm ab initio !!

So what does the apron reckon ......?? 2, 3, 4 months for both mods 1 and 2 ?? Bristol talk about Mod 1 as 4/5 months with Mod 2 about 1 month less, but is this assuming study on top of a full time job !??

Cheers,
C.G.