PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DUBLIN - 2
Thread: DUBLIN - 2
View Single Post
Old 30th May 2015, 10:18
ayroplain

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You know that's not the daa's problem but they have been working on it!
Yes, I do know that but it WAS their problem in that their passengers were being badly affected yet they appear to have been able to get a solution for something that was not of their creation. My point being that the in-T1 experience has been greatly enhanced because something was done about its problems.

Not a lot can be done when the runway is at capacity at peak hours....give Natts a call and get them to take more traffic
NATS has nothing to do with airfield taxiways and locations of buildings. When the decision makers were pondering where to build T2 they don't seem to have foreseen or taken into consideration what effects the final choice would have on ground ops or what else they needed to do on the airfield to make things work once that decision had been made. They were either clueless in this regard or didn't care, take your pick.

With the recession (allegedly) on the way out the airfield congestion is bound to get a lot worse and I haven't seen any reports/evidence that anything is being done about it.