PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gulf Air Developments
View Single Post
Old 30th May 2015, 09:13
Gordomac

Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts
Landflap & TOGABOY ; I am well into retirement but keep in touch. The GF "Developments" has always interested me as I wish only good things for the company that was my employer for 17 years. Dismal reading though in the last six years of it's decline. Latest missives reminded me too harshly of my own demise. After a worthy battle, I was summoned to the Fleet Office on a Thursday Evening. I was, at the time, in a Supermarket. I thought it was good news.

I was given the Fleet Office Boy. Seniors were well gone for the week-end and far lacking in professionalism to face me. Office boy told me that the Minister of Visas was unable to renew my work & res visas and my contract was therefore terminated. Office Boy handed me the letter asking that I read it. Here's the thing, in between all this, his mobile kept ringing, which he answered and mostly, in Arabic but bits of English it went, something like ; " Yanny, Mayonnaise, spicey or creamy ?.................Arabic.................La la, chicken nuggets ?.................Arabic............something else, then he looks up and actually says "sorry, be with you in a minute".............more Arabic and then something about milk-shakes !

I was, finally, given some one on one time and told to report to HR for the three day shut-down process first thing in the morning. I reminded Office Boy that it was then Thursday Evening and HR would not, likely, be around until Saturday.

Oh, groan ! I should let go but your reports brought it all, unhappily, to memory ! Nothing changed in GF then !

Nothing changed here either. Time for a splosh in the pool, quick slirp and up to the Lithos later for more hot fun in the sun. Fond memories and good wishes guys. Gotta laugh !