PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Magneto calendar overhauls - the thin end of the wedge?
Old 30th May 2015, 08:16
Brainy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by yr right
Yes but in the mag for instance it dose not make it an option. It's black and white in the sb for magneto for oh periods. There is not an option.
I tried years ago to get Casa to give me a diffusion of the word "recommended "
They would not.
So now even under shed 5 you have to do shed 5.
I had a win in a court against Casa where they said that sb had to be down when using shed 5. I said it didn't. And it didn't at that time. But now you have too. It's that simple. As a lame we damed if we do and damed if we don't.
And at the end of the day yes it is an extra expense on the owner but you the one with your and your families with there arse in the seats.
Yes, I agree. The one and only time I have had an accident though it was as a result of improperly-completed maintenance. So, you will have a hard time convincing me that pulling bits off my aircraft and overhauling them more frequently necessarily makes it safer. I don't skimp on safety or on maintenance. A 500 hour inspection and repair as necessary of the mags would seem to address the issue adequately. I did this last year to my left set of mags. Now I'm being told they have to come off again. Why not take them off and overhaul them every year- surely that will be even more super-duper safe.

Doesn't matter what I think though, it is what the regs say that is important, and I am unconvinced that they say that calendar overhaul of magnetos is mandatory in private category. Maybe I am unusually dense though.

Last edited by Brainy; 30th May 2015 at 08:50.