PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Climb clearance while on a SID with an Alt Restriction
Old 29th May 2015, 09:25
ZOOKER

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Zonoma,
I can only speak from my own experience, but the speed restrictions were expected to be complied with unless we specified 'No ATC speed restriction'. That instruction was in our MATS Pt.2 from 1979 until 2011, (and is probably still there).
Most of our SIDSs, (and those from other airfields into our unit's area of responsibility), had the standard 250kts or less below FL100 restriction on the plate, designed to preserve initial spacing between outbounds but, several SIDs, (and, I think it was 5 of them), also had a 'speed profile' built in which was effective to much higher levels. This was designed to ensure the a/c climbed above London TC airspace and was usually cancelled once the traffic was working the Daventry Sector, provided a/c were above FL195 around Honiley.
If anyone has not encountered a 'speed profile', I've just checked the current plates on the NATS IAIP site, and the procedures are still in place on LISTO (both directions) and SANBA SIDS out of EGCC.

Last edited by ZOOKER; 29th May 2015 at 13:05.