PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A320 Dual input and side-stick priority
View Single Post
Old 29th May 2015, 07:52
vapilot2004

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So our friend M. Ziegler seems to be a bit of a Gallic Mr. Sutter - also head of engineering on another well known aircraft, although from what I have heard and read, Sutter was very hands on (nuts, bolts, and slide rules), often down on the floor solving engineering problems - although the story of the Sutter Twist, (the work-around that precluded a complete and very expensive redesign of the 747 wing) is admitted by Joe himself as being a group realization and effort.

In the video you linked, Mr. Corps covered the thing that most impressed me about the A320 FBW system - the autotrim function (nicely done in normal flight) extending out to an engine out scenario. Being a key engineering test pilot, I would imagine GP had not only extensive knowledge but indispensable feedback to offer on the system. I agree that it would have been nice to hear more from this gent, particularly (for me) the Anglo point of view on the history of the programme.

I will delve into our other discussion when the sun is over the yardarm and am mainly responding to thank you for your links and information good sir!

Last edited by vapilot2004; 29th May 2015 at 08:14. Reason: nuts and bolts