PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SIA pilots stand its grounds....MOM to help !
Old 18th Jun 2003, 02:25
cpt744

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Right now SIA management knew it too well that almost everything is to the company's advantage in terms of pilots supply. You should speak to HR department and they will tell you tonnes of applications from all over the world for various bases ARE pouring in persistently. Whatever figures we can come out with will not change anything else and they WILL try their best to cut the pay while they still have the chance. This way they'll gain at least 5-10years in turning back the wage bill clock and for the next CA negotiations they may/will just offer a small percentage of annual increments as token to buy time till next crisis hits(Or shall I say next opportunity arises???).
I have heard it too often... Quote "when things get better you just watch and see how many locals, expats, Overseas Based....will resign.." Unquote.
It has not happened before and I won't bet on it to happen in the near future. Can't think of too many other viable choices of airlines to work for as an expat, except for Emirates and SIA. Any other suggestions?? Guess not..