PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - More resignations at easyJet...
View Single Post
Old 18th Jun 2003, 02:04
Oceanic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
For the first time ever I travelled eJ last week, and without entering into much of the vitriol written here this is an account of the journey......

Arrived Luton early for uneventful check in, proceed to gate, 20 minutes prior to ETD informed of 1 hr delay due 'operational reasons'. 1 hr later further announcement 30 minutes additional delay. Flight left 1hr 45 mins late. We were told on board by CC that delay was due to crewing and that they had not enough personnel to fill the flights. Some had been called out from other bases etc. Otherwise uneventful to Palma.....

Thursday evening return flight. Scheduled 23.50. 20 minutes prior, tannoy announcement of 2 hr delay due 'operational reasons'. Hmm ..... 2 hrs thereafter further announcement of 2 hr delay. No rep of eJ would speak to us and give any reason for the delay. The handling agents were fielding all enquiries of some very irate pax, but with no info could not help much. 40 minutes later a further announcement to say another announcement would be made shortly. 30 minutes later and we were told the inbound aircraft had arrived and would try for a 25 minute turnaround, but due 'operational reasons' we would go to Stansted, not Luton! Eventually left 5hrs 20 mins late to Stansted. Baggage took 45 minutes to come through (no ground agent) , then we were herded onto a bus and a further 1 hr 20 to Luton ( M25 traffic heavy at this time) to arrive 7 hrs after ETA. Apart from the skipper on the flight no apology ever made and it was impossible to actually talk to anyone representing eJ.

As I said it was the first (and last) trip I've made with eJ. With concessions I don't need to go low cost but we were travelling with (elderly) friends, and decided to try it. If this is the way pax are treated I'm not surprised that comments such as those elicited on this forum are provoked.

An amusing caveat is that on arriving home I was called within the hour by an agency looking for contract Captains for 4 months for their Geneva base. My response would probably be suitable only for JetBlast forum!