PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MANCHESTER 1
Thread: MANCHESTER 1
View Single Post
Old 28th May 2015, 17:09
Mr Mac

Received 168 Likes on 103 Posts
Lax- LHR / Shed
Was on lunchtime EK flight today, coming back from HK via DXB and talking to crew at the bar they believed that 380 will be on the morning route very soon, as it is "such a game changer with their passengers" to quote them. Did not use CX service as I had to see someone in DXB before anyone comments. Incidentally load factors were good in all class's apparently and it is often difficult to get seats up stairs so the extra capacity is needed. As for AI I for one would not hold my breath, as having had to use them in India I can not say I was impressed in anyway shape or form, and as others have said the Indian centres of population in the UK are more midlands and SE than NW / NE so why Manchester. Another factor would be if you are doing business in "Incredible India" it is easier to change in the Gulf and fly on direct to your destination, as anyone who has experienced changing planes, or even arriving in India will tell you. Indian airports can be some what chaotic to say the least, so to minimalize any issues I have always, and will continue to do the DXB soft shoe shuffle where possible if internal travel is not required.

Regards
Mr Mac