PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CAA ATPL Computer Freeze Mid Exam
View Single Post
Old 28th May 2015, 13:25
Transsonic2000

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yep, happened to me! It was not in the UK, though. But anyway I guess computers have pretty much the same issues no matter where they are located.

I just answered the last question of the subject (can't remember which one) and after briefly reviewing my answers I hit the "finish or exit" button and there was no respond, the computer froze. After clicking the finish button several times a warning message popped up on the screen saying something about a script. That was the point where a cold shiver ran down my back and I decided to asked a supervisor for some help. I told him that my computer was not responding, he took a look, but it was obvious that he had no clue what to do. He told me just to wait and take a brake. I was done with the subject anyway, so I went out for a brake. Upon returning after about half an hour later, the computer was up and running again with all the previous subjects saved. Don't know what happened while I was outside the exam room, if someone was working on it or if the computer just recovered itself.

I don't know what would have happened, if this occurred in the middle of the exam (subject). Fortunately I was done with the subject, meaning all questions answered. My advise would be, definitely tell a supervisor about it and make sure they are aware of the issue, remain calm and wait, there is nothing you can do at that point!

Last edited by Transsonic2000; 28th May 2015 at 16:22.