PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Blue hiring
View Single Post
Old 28th May 2015, 02:41
"Littlebird"

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arrow

Bazza....

We've had several current VAI 777 SO's and other applicants with interviews confirmed with VAI also apparently looking at their options here in Asia. This is what I've been told re the VAI SO role.

Pay is $79K (inclusive of Super) plus allowances. These vary depending if you're flying to the sand pit or LA and also the amount of trips you do.

Typically you will do 3-5 trips per 56 day roster. In between you will be rostered for training and training/checks in the sweat box (every 3 months) I believe.

As far as progression...you will be in the back seat for 3 years minimum but realistically for 5 years depending on movement. Also be aware that VARA (Regional ATR) guys will be integrating shortly and that they will be joining the seniority list as of Jan 2014 so you will be joining behind them. Any opportunities to move from SO will be based on 'seniority' so I guess you will be behind any other SO's who joined before you, and also the VANZ 737 guys and now also the 150 or so VARA guys...

Hopefully this helps, and even better maybe someone else also in the know can elaborate on this.

All the best, cheers!
LB