PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Problem checklists
View Single Post
Old 27th May 2015, 19:45
TheiC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hmmm, checklists are part of a system; a system of training and checking, of teaching and knowing, of prioritisation, of error-management... I could go on.

'Landing lights... ON' has no place in a checklist. Pilots should be trained to turn the lights on before landing. The consequences of forgetting to do so are minimal. etc. Hardly any aircraft need a shut-down checklist. Turn everything off, that's all.

The manufacturer is sometimes right, by right, as timprice says. (And by default of the regulator which accepted that checklist). Anyone care to mention the common piston twin in which the shut-down procedure is the reverse of the usual T,P,M? Anyone like to explain why it might be right? If you've flown that type, what would YOU have done?

And finally, in tribute to the wonderful boys and girls at Cabair, who taught me to be a professional pilot, but nonetheless tried to get me to do 17 items of an approach checklist in a piston twin, I offer:

http://ti.arc.nasa.gov/m/profile/ade...umentation.pdf

which at least tells you not to put those 17 items into wingdings, yellow on orange, seventeen point upper case.