PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Radar Coverage at Ballina
View Single Post
Old 27th May 2015, 15:10
LeadSled

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
What's wrong with "Line up and wait", and "Cleared immediate take-off?"
Fujii,
Actually, nothing, they both have specific meanings.

One thing that always amuses me is the ( beloved of poms) "Fully ready" ---- as opposed to what other kind of ready, quasi ready,semi ready, almost ready etc.

At least with the widespread use of CPDLC for is a large number of position reports is good, so I don't have to listen to so many Australian pilots who don't understand how position reports should be handled ---- and the Australian AIP and local CASA training material doesn't help.

It's all in easily available ICAO Docs, for those who want to take the trouble to get it right, it is repeated in UK CAP413, and to a great degree (surprise, surprise) in the NZ AIP and other NZ advisory documents.

Midnight,
My apologies for misunderstanding you, but whilst Triadic is largely correct, no amount of "educational material" would have made any difference to those who, to this day, oppose E airspace.

Porter,
The ramped up fears of individual controller liability in Australia are completely unjustified. It is going to be Airservices that is sued.

Civilair clings onto a High Court ruling going back to about 1982 ( a case against that SA Government, I don't immediately remember the full name, but it was delivered by Gibbs, CJ, as I recall) about "duty of care", because it is very usefull industrially, but in the doctrine of duty of care, there have been a number of HCA and other cases, duty of care doesn't mean what Gibbs said it meant in about 1982.

Traffic,
I don't know how may Airservices set up, but my memory tells the Melbourne based consultancy, Ambidjii, was responsible for setting up, running and staffing some.

Tootle pip!!

Last edited by LeadSled; 27th May 2015 at 15:29.