PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ATC jobs in Middle East
View Single Post
Old 27th May 2015, 13:53
atcws

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hello everyone,

looking for info on landing an ATC job in the Mid East. I'm a sup at ZDC and I'm approaching mandatory retirement age October next year. I stay current on two radar sectors in a busy DC and NY flow area. Looking at all countries that hire FAA types.

I'll be 55 this October and am running into problems getting a chance because of my age.

Looked into the center at Abu Dhabi but they've recently had bad experiences with hiring guys my age and have instituted a 50 years old age cap.

The approach at Dubai rejected a recent application because I don't have major airport approach experience. Guess major enroute experience doesn't count. I have 13 years approach tower experience at a regional airport in Virginia, including non-radar, and 12 years at ZDC, first as a controller and then as a sup.

Have applications out for Serco in Bagdad and with Dans Serco in Dubai for the tower. No word yet on these two apllication

Visited the center in Bahrain this past March but no vacancies yet that I've seen advertised anywhere.

any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks much