PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - GA8 Endo in Brisbane
View Single Post
Old 27th May 2015, 04:52
hestonfysh

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ICUS on revenue flights isn't free considering a paying passenger may be paying $100 or more for an hours joy flight. There's $1,000 in lost revenue.
You might want to check you arithmetic there, or explain it.... Of course there is the potential to loose revenue by having two pilots up the front, but generally I have found operators will fit in ICUS flights around fully loaded flights.

I have come across many a GA operator who run ICUS on revenue flights where they are not paying the pilot who is being "ICUSed." It seems an industry norm.

Where are all of these mythical employers that are giving jobs to job seeking pilots with zero time on type? We can add them to the newby pilots section! Sounds like a great way for newbies to get some 200 series time!
I wouldn't say they are mythical at all. My first job was with a 206/207/210 operator and I didn't have any 200 series time. I received about 15 hours ICUS I think until he (and his insurer) were satisfied.

I have worked for other companies where we have had smaller and larger Cessnas. A number of guys/girls would start on the smaller ones before moving up to the larger aircraft. They didn't have time of type.

It's hard enough getting a job, I doubt many 'Newbies' would p!ss off once they get their 10 hours or whatever.