PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A320 Dual input and side-stick priority
View Single Post
Old 27th May 2015, 04:03
vapilot2004

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
PK4

My friend from whom I was given the story of Ziegler's F-84 tram crash may have harbored bad intentions - he is certainly a strong "All American" type and NIH is another of the guy's beliefs!

What I didn't know was the final 'adjudicated' outcome - numerous searches on the internet yielded little into outside of some yellow journalism. I think we can agree the well-connected are more often than not given the benefit of the doubt that lesser souls fail to receive in government courts claiming 'justice for all' around the civilized world, but judging by your tone and the facts you offer, he was not to blame via the valid excuse of a lack of advisory info on published aero maps. So thank you kindly for clearing that up, PK4.

Regarding acknowledgements of BZ's contributions to aviation safety, I know M. Ziegler was also the recipient of some of France's highest honors and received a FSF award for his role in developing the Airbus FBW system. I did not know until the other day of his father's role in developing Concorde's analogue FBW - which is what started the conversation on the Ziegler clan.

In other areas related more to the thread, I agree with your statement earlier regarding linked sidesticks and the technology limits being the primary reason it was not attempted at the time. Makes perfect sense.