PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Let's stand up AGAINST P2F. Sign the petition.
Old 27th May 2015, 01:38
theiceman747

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
P40

kDear,

I think you did not understand a simple word of my posts.

I didn't mention I started late my training, I just turned the twenties. But not everyone is in the same situation, not everybody is a youngster. Theres people with family, others over 30, others have taken a loan to pay their training, etc. If you start late it's problem that's right, also true you will have the market not-friendly maybe, but because someone started late doesn't mean they have done things bad or they did not go for their dreams.... a lot of people works some years to earn the money for training and when they have it, they can be on the thirties, do you realize that right?.

Going back of what you said: bonds could be good options but where you see a bond in a airline? Flybe mostly and few others. There's not thing such a "loyalty bond". I would glady sign a bond for some years! But that doesn't happen generally speaking and you also know it. Airlines don't hire anyome guys with 200-1000 TT (except RYR!) and put them on the TR courses with a bond. That does not happen anymore and you know it.

I don't see airlines making bonds because each airline makes whatever they want! one airline will force pilots sign a bond, and the next one will require pilots to pay upfront TR (RYR, EZY). It's free market. Every business sets their own rules! And there's no such a tendency to go back to the past where bonds were the norm!. And also, in the coming years all operators require "hours on type" hmm... surprise! this was no required in the past also, but now yes it's required some experience on the type of aicraft operated by the company, in the past this was not required, you were hired with 1000-2000 GA time and then they trained you on the line training (while earning a salary!). So tell me P40, where are you going to get that time on type required if everyone asks for it?? Complete mess.

Good times of aviation with good salaries are long gone. Accept it.

I understand what you say about p2f and not doing it of whatever, but tell to wait and not do it to a pilot on their thirties/fourties who is going nowhere (there's not enough jobs for all of us sadly) who see a youngster get in because they can afford paying a LT. Who is going to tell to that pilot to not do it?