PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Global Aviation Magazine : 60 Years of the Hercules
Old 26th May 2015, 21:20
smujsmith

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Kilwhang, Exascoteer,

What a subject you both raise. I remember going to Nellis, during Red Flag, to deliver important spares for the Albert Det. Our Captain had some "previous" form and had the code words necessary to allow us a Canyon arrival. Loady in the LH para door and myself in the RH door both enjoyed a truly, once in a lifetime experience. The Loady was M**k G****n bless him, always a great bloke to work with.

The Red Line. As we started to depart the next day I realised that we had no fire extinguisher on our parking space. Being fully aware of the implications of "crossing" the line, my feet remained on my side of it as I leaned over to borrow the lime green jobby on the adjacent bay. As you say Exascoteer, having an opinion of the mental capacity of the gun toting cousins, in their own land, doesn't help. Still, all worth it for the scenic arrival the day before. It was nice to be informed by G***o on departure that the crew were all behind me, they would have buggered off and left me behind had I been arrested. Happy days.

Smudge