PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bartolini Air Flight School
View Single Post
Old 26th May 2015, 20:09
jakub3695

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

Has anyone been at Bartolini Air recently? I'm currently in the United States, also a citizen of Poland. I go to Poland every year for the summer so I'm familiar with the country. Although I was born here in the United States, I still see Poland as my home in some way haha. All my fam is there. I'm trying to take the 0-fATPL course.

I did one semester at the State Universtiy and because of a wait list, I didn't get to complete my first solo. I have about 24hrs on a Piper Warrior. The thing is, my mom kinda forced me to go to school here. I convinced her it isn't the way to go. If I stayed and graduated in college here with my fancy "Aeronautical Science: Professional Pilot" degree, I'll be spending about $120,000. Four years for the Bachlors Degree. Let's just say it's $30,000 a year. Okay.. So now I have my degree and CPL&FI license but no job. Forget about paying to transfer my FAA license to EASA. I need 1,500 hrs. I feel bad for my flight instructors. Some of them have about 3,000-5,000 hrs and still instruct with the hope of getting into a regional because of all the competition.

I'm trying to start as soon as possible. Like I said the 0-fATPL. Can I hear about you opinions on this school? How did you go about finding a place to stay? Is there anyone else in the same position as me? Is it really 45,000€? How are the instructors and how is life in the city?