PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MANCHESTER 1
Thread: MANCHESTER 1
View Single Post
Old 26th May 2015, 17:01
All names taken

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I know how major infrastructure projects are conceived and planned..done it most of my career and it's what takes me through Manchester's terminals on an all too frequent basis as I plough my furrow overseas.

What amazes me therefore is that one of the classic project design must-dos appears to be missing from the process - user consultation.

I appreciate that MAN/MAG doesn't think of its passengers as customers - it considers them to be the airlines' customers rather than its own - however if the experience doesn't work for the pax then alternatives are sometimes taken - as I do (eg I avoid any options that involve T3 at MAN in the early morning as an absolute rule...AF/KL take note in particular).

As Mr ATIS says too, the T2 lounges are worse than the terminal - embarrassing really; Piers B and C on T1 - a joke......leaky roof problems in T1...the list goes on.

Plus, having 20 years of plodding through airports all over the world and seeing what works and what doesn't, provides an invaluable source of experience* from me and, I'm sure, lots of others that go through MAN on a regular basis. Arguably we would be better qualified than some desk bound airline executive sitting in an office in London.

*Same said experience proves to me that MAN has fallen way way behind in recent years.

In true MAN style I expect a storm of angst directed at me from those who believe all is well and good and that the airport can do no wrong.