PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Nuclear death traps.
View Single Post
Old 25th May 2015, 22:32
Tom Joad

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Courtney Mil
Tom Joad,

Again I ask, "what, exactly, should be investigated?" As I'm sure you know, investigations are costly and intrusive (in many ways). So which bits would you want to examine? Which people? Which supposed issues?
Ok it's a fair point Courtney and of course I accept the cost implication of any investigation. I have some experience of working at Faslane/Coulport albeit some time ago now, things may well have changed, I accept that. However, from my own experience of back then the claims made regarding general base security rang true. Now, I'm in no way passing judgement on security of weapon storage/movement and handling, but I always saw complaceny in general base security. If my memory serves correctly there have been one or two embarrassing breaches. Sure, mistakes will always be made but what harm could it do to at least review this basic area. Nor do I believe the young man made the allegations with ease - just remember how in the RAF we got handling of such so wrong in the past and how those "whistleblowers" were treated. Not every whistleblower holds a grudge many act with very sincere and brave motives. Time will no doubt tell what we have here.

Tom