PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Actual BA Pay
Thread: Actual BA Pay
View Single Post
Old 25th May 2015, 21:28
toro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I had to log on for the first time in years just to reply to this thread......

I have been in this industry for over 35 years and in BA for 20 so have a very well informed view of how things are..... Albeit it's my opinion.

Gammons post is pretty accurate although I would dispute the figure of 85% being "good guys" I think it's higher at 95% but having worked for 4 other operators around the world in my opinion there are far more "weirdos" in other company's... That's just in my experience.
There is no more whinging and whining than any other company however we are aware that it's never going to be as good as it has been so naturally there is an element of disastifaction.

When I was "outside" of BA my natural inclination was to perceive the BA pilots as prima donnas and which very much coloured my attitude towards them. The vast majority of BA pilots would wave, say hello and banter with ANY other pilots but I have to say the unspoken vitriol that I experience really is astounding..... I've asked recent new joiners and they agree with this sentiment.

It's absolutely true that the cabin crew/pilot relationship can be difficult but is getting better and in the last couple of years has improved markedly as the older crew have departed.... You have to realise that the vast majority of cabin crew are great but unlike charter or LOCO they tend to be older and quite frankly and understandably want to go down route have a quiet vino/meal and chill as they aren't in their 20's anymore and have partied gone crazy too many times ....

BA is still a great company to work for and even though I will retire in 5-6 years I am still proud to work for them...

This is all my own opinion but don't get dragged down by trolls and haters....